Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That's Random: Just Because I Like It



Nick and I saw Ben Kweller at San Francisco's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival a couple of weeks ago and were instantly smitten. His music is so completely up our alley -- heart-on-their-sleeve indie boy songwriters with jangly guitars and slight Southern inflections -- that I can't believe we hadn't heard him before.

Then a friend (thanks, Heidi!) gave us his eponymous CD, and that was it: We were officially Huge Fans.

Anyway, just a little music for your Wednesday afternoon. Hope you enjoy it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Leah, you made my day. Luv Ben Kweller!

Anonymous said...

i love bk! this was a great pick me up for my looong thursday morning in editing class! thanks!

-emily

Anonymous said...

Ben K rocks! My husband introduced me to his music. He's rolled through St. Louis a few times. If you like the Eponymous cd you'll enjoy Sha, Sha and on my way.

Anonymous said...

ben's awesome. played acl fest a couple of years ago, and a nosebleed threatened to end his set. what did he do? asked if anyone in the crowd had a tissue, then stuffed a tampon up his nose and just kept playing!

ellen said...

Don't you love him??! He played a fab show at my college SEVERAL years ago and caught him when he swung through St. Louis a few years back. That was a great double-header show that introduced me to another fabulous group: Death Cab for Cutie :o)

Anonymous said...

Ben Kweller is adorable and his music makes my heart sing. My husband is a little jealous I think. :)

Thanks for including him in your blog!

hampton said...

i heart bk! i saw him play about a month ago and the new songs off the new album are so so good.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.